Thursday, January 14, 2010

Cupcakes Make Me Smile!


When you look at a cupcake, you've got to smile.
- Anne Byrn

Cupcakes are fun. And delicious. This is a picture of my Pink Lemonade cupcakes with lemon cream-cheese frosting that won 2nd prize at the State Fair this past summer. If I ever find where I put misplaced the recipe, I'll post it here. In a nutshell, I started with a basic vanilla cupcake recipe and modified it, adding color and flavor here, modifying this and that until I thought it was just right. Then I did the same with a basic cream cheese frosting, adding some tangy lemon zip here and a little color there and topping it off with a yellow gumpaste rose. The sweetness of the cupcake - lightly lemon, contrasted nicely with the tangy zip of the lemon cream cheese frosting (if I do say so myself).



And if you're looking for more baking inspiration, Check out the super delicious cupcakes at Poppy Mallow Cupcakes and Cupcakes Take the Cake. Yum!

And EpiCute - the cute food blog  is awesome! It has more than just cupcakes. It's chock full of all sorts of cute foods and snacks.


Quack!

No comments:

Post a Comment