Monday, February 10, 2014

Subliminal Messages

I should have been a jingle-writer. When the kids were little I often came up with little songs - sometimes for fun, sometimes to also try to influence them. One of the best involves a plush broccoli. (doesn't everyone have one of those?) I would bounce Mr. Broccoli in tune to the music:

(send)

I'm Charles Broccoli and I'm here to sing a song,
Vegetables are good for you the whole day long.

Carrots and squash are good for you
And peas and green beans too.
You can eat them by themselves
or put them in a stew.

In order to get your vitamins, you should eat some everyday.
Vegetables are really great, that's all I have to say.

(me)

Unfortunately, the message didn't work too well. Only one of the three ducklings will come within five feet of a vegetable.

(chocolate)

Maybe it was because I sang it off-key.



Quack!

No comments:

Post a Comment