Monday, October 21, 2013

It's Wooly Bear Season

  Don't you just love wooly bear caterpillar season? Me too! I've seen quite a few so far this year.

The other day while I was at Dunkin' Donuts getting myself several donuts some coffee, I ran into one crossing the sidewalk. I think he wanted some coffee but I'm not sure. In any case, the ducklings and I took him for a little ride. We didn't think he was safe on the rowdy sidewalks of Dunkin' Donuts, so we drove him over to the mall and let him go in some nice big fluffy bushes. He seemed very happy.

Then I ran into another in the backyard. He was strolling across the grass, all fuzzy and cute. I brought him in the house for a short visit with the ducklings, then let him go in the willow tree. He really took off up the trunk! He was a caterpillar on a mission!

And of course I've seen plenty crossing the road. Just the other day Sweet Pea and I were driving along the highway and I said, "Oh no! I hope I didn't run him over?"

"Who?" asked Sweet Pea, looking at me quizzically.
"The wooly bear caterpillar. Didn't you see him?"

I think she thought I was crazy. Who sees caterpillars crossing the road when you're going 70 mph?

I do, that's who! I hope I didn't squish him!

Quack!

No comments:

Post a Comment