Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Did you ever notice how you spend as much time rearranging your supplies as you do using them? Well, maybe you don't, but I do. Maybe it's because I have so  much stuff jammed into such a small space. Or maybe it's the number of different things I'm interested in that I try to keep contained in one spot. In any case, I'm always rearranging it. This photo is from prior to my last rearranging.


I have two tables in my bedroom - a big table-like desk and a nice drafting table I got in college when I was taking art classes. I just rearranged it so the desk is in the corner with all of my supplies stacked on it, around it and under it with a rather small space for doing my scrapbooking and other crafting (with paper, rocks, paints, wire, cloth, etc). And facing it, with my chair in between is my fine art table/drafting table. It’s a bench type seat so I can spin from one table to other easily. My goal is to keep the drafting table cleared off so when I want to paint or draw, there is nothing stopping me. No supplies to rearrange, no need to try to make space to work, just a big open space where I can put down my paper, my water and paints and get to work.

It's been set up like for a couple of weeks now and so far so good. I have two pictures in progress and I actually completed one (a second go at my red birds – I’ll post it when I get a chance to scan it into the PC.)  My work will often sit half finished for days or weeks at a time, but that's OK. It's there and ready for me when I have a few minutes to work.

How do you organize your crafting/art spot?

Quack!

No comments:

Post a Comment