Wednesday, August 1, 2012

I'm So Disgusting!

  Having kids is a very humbling experience. The older I get and the older they get, the more disgusting I become. Apparently my breath is often foul. My hair is always fuzzy. My arms are too hairy. All of my tiny scars, unsightly blemishes, discolored spots, zits, hairs, bumps and lumps are glaringly obvious and hideously barf-inducing. I never realized what a completely foul creature I really am.



But I suppose it's balanced out by the many years of pure adoration where I smelled like roses and didn't have a single flaw (at least in the ducklings eyes.)

Every time I'm told how disgusting that stray hair is, or how gross that chicken pox scar is I just mentally add it to the scales in my head. So far, the 'you-are-the-most-awesome-person-in-the-world-who-can-do-no-wrong' side of the scale is still very much outweighed by the 'you-are-the-most-disgusting-and-annoying-person-in-the-world'. But the teen years are yet to come so that could rapidly change.

Quack!

No comments:

Post a Comment