Monday, November 1, 2010

Moved To Poetry By a Bright Orange Tangerine

I recently bought a bag of tangerines at the grocery store. Since it's not really citrus season I didn't expect them to be very good, but I'm optimistic. I'm a big fan of oranges and minneolas and honeybells and the occasional grapefruit. I like lemon and lime flavor. If it's citrus, it's usually pretty good. But I've gotten my share of stringy, flavorless, dry, tough oranges at the wrong time of the year. So I was pleasantly surprised. So much so that I'm now on my second bag of them (over several weeks - not in one sitting) These tangerines are delicious! Very juicy and sweet! So good in fact that I was moved to poetry.


A Tangerine Haiku:

Bright orange tangerine
Burst of sunshine in my mouth
Juices dripping down



Quack!

No comments:

Post a Comment