Monday, November 15, 2010

These are some of my favorite things . . .

I like music. One artist I have been listening to lately is Beth Hart. On her Screamin for My Supper album there is a song titled Favorite Things. Very cool song. It made me think about some of my favorite things:
  • Little arms wrapped around my neck, little fingers in my hair, little kisses on my cheeks and nose, a little hand in mine.
  • The sound of the vaccuum cleaner while I'm ensconsed, sleepy and warm under a blanket (hasn't happened in years, but I always liked it)
  • Melting chocolate on my tongue 
  • Snoozing beside the bulk of my hubby, warm and safe
  • Snuggling up next to a little warm body curled into my side, hair and breath in my face
  • The darkness of tree bark in the rain against autumn-yellow leaves
  • The icy etching of frost on leaves, branches and stems
  • The sound of the robins in the early evening, warbling in the sunset and moonrise
  • A heartfelt song, sung with passion and feeling
  • The sound of the mixer and the dust of flour and sugar as I bake on a cold wintry day
  • The background sounds of laughter and little voices as I work around the house.
  • The twinkle of the Christmas tree lights on a cold snowy evening.

Quack!

No comments:

Post a Comment