Monday, April 23, 2012

All the Daisies

The other day at the park Snickers picked me a few daisies. Not to be outdone, Doodlebug picked me all the daisies.


I brought the entire pile home and they are very happy in a bowl. Maybe not as happy as they would be attached to their stems in the park, but sometimes you have to let overflowing love and sibling rivalry win out.

They are quite pretty. The underside of the petals have deep pink tips. In their honor and to appreciate the sacrifice they made, here are some haiku:

Covering the field
Delicate pink-tipped petals
A blanket of white


Plucked by small fingers
Tiny flowers shared with love
A bouquet of white


Quack!

Note: Yes, I know. All my pictures are sideways and upside down. It's not me. I swear. Blogger is acting all flaky tonight and is rotating my pictures. I spent way way way way too much time trying to get them to upload right, but to no avail. So, it is what it is. Deal with it!

1 comment: