Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Freckles Can Be Very Frightening!

I don't like bugs. An occasional ladybug is OK. Even a small, cute spider is sometimes OK. But once we start talking about large quantities of wings, legs, anntenae, pincers and mandibles, then it crosses the line. I mentioned the other day our run-in with a spider. Well, that very same day, not even 5 minutes after the miniature tarantula episode, a large house spider (one of those ordinary yellowish guys with the small bodies and long legs) skittered across the ceiling. The hubster was busy fighting with a door that was jammed so I overcame my fears and squished it myself before it crawled into some corner where it would undoubtely lurk until I was least expecting it, then leap out at me. I hate that. So I squished it.

But then a few minutes later, an ant crawled across my wrist.

Then, a few minutes later, another ant crawled across my leg.

I had to take a break and catch my breath. That was just too many legs for me - 28 altogether in the space of about 20 minutes.

So, when I jumped and stifled a scream a few minutes later as I noticed a brown spot and movement on my arm out of the corner of my eye, everyone was sympathetic. It was only a freckle. When I moved my arm, the freckle moved. And by sympathetic, I mean they all laughed at me and pointed and told me to get a grip! No sympathy!

Quack!

No comments:

Post a Comment