Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Snowflake Blisters

  It's winter. Well, not yet officially. We have a few more days. But it's snowed already, so as far as I'm concerned, it's winter. Winter solstice be darned!

And since Christmas is quickly approaching, we are in full Christmas mode. Christmas music, cookies, decorations, the works.

The other day we fired up Elf - that delightful Christmas move with Will Farrell. Actually, last year was the first time we ever watched it, but I think we found a new tradition. It's fun, funny, ridiculous, heart-warming - all that stuff. You know where he decorates the house with all the paper snowflakes and paper chains and stuff? Well, that looks really cool. So we got out some white paper and all the scissors we could find and all of us (except the hubby who isn't a big fan of paper and scissors and glue and anything resembling crafts) got to work making snowflakes. After the first 30 or so my finger was a little sore, but after the next 30 I had a full blown snowflake blister!

All of us made some awesome snowflakes:











All that cutting and careful snipping through 6 layers of paper was tedious (and fun), but my poor little finger had a boo boo! I was going to let it rest for a bit on a fluffy pillow with a warm drink but I just couldn't part with it, so it came along while I hung the snowflakes up. And let me tell you, it's not as easy as you'd think to hang snowflakes like they did in the movie - strung all over the room - zig-zagging and cross-hatching and looking like a regular ol' winter wonderland. I mean, I know he's a Christmas Elf and all, and has super Elf powers for Christmas decorating, but I thought I was up to it. I guess I'm not made to be a Christmas elf. But I managed to get a few up without poking the ceiling full of holes. We have a nice snow storm over our Christmas village:


Next up, decorating the living room. I can already hear the hubby muttering about the snowflakes in front of the TV, blocking his view of Emmett Otter's Jug Band Christmas!


Quack!

No comments:

Post a Comment