Friday, April 23, 2010

Kittens and Cheetos, Doggies and Doritos


Doodlebug's 6th birthday is this weekend. Last year, he wanted to celebrate with a theme featuring two of his favorite things - Cheetos and Kittens. So, I got out my colored pencils and whipped up an invitation with a kitten and a bag of Cheetos.



We had Cheeto chains hung around the kitchen, kitten foot prints on the table and floor, lots of bowls of Cheetos around and plenty of orange balloons.

This year, he decided on a similar theme - Doggies and Doritos. So, once again, I whipped up an invitation, this time with my paint pencils. It came out pretty good except that when I scanned it into the computer I somehow ended up with the word 'Doritos' backwards and never noticed until they were all printed and ready to go! Oh well. Close enough, right?


No Dorito chains this year - Cheetos were OK to string with needle and thread, but I think Doritos would just crack and crumble, but I'll come up with an alternative. Maybe I'll just throw handfuls of Doritos on the guests as they arrive.

Doodlebug's and my birthday are only 3 days apart, so as we celebrate for Doodlebug, we are also celebrating my birthday - and this year I'm turning the big 4-0! And since Doodlebug doesn't like cake anyway, I got to have my pick of cake. Of course, I have to make it, but at least I got the pick the kind I like. I decided on an icecream cake. Chocolate and vanilla with a layer of Oreo crumbs between. Decorated as a doggie with a Dorito in his mouth of course. It should be yummy!

And am I worried about turning 40? About getting older? Nah! I'm the oldest in my house - older than hubby by 5 months, but I'm still the youngest of all my siblings (nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah :-) ) and I'm fortunate to have good health, a good job and a wonderful family. I only feel about 23. 40 is just a number. And I'm not just saying that because I'm turning 40. I really think that you're only as old as you feel. (Of course, when I was actually 23 I may not have felt that way. Who can remember back that far?)

Quack!

1 comment:

  1. I'm your older brother but, I only feel like I am 21. So that makes me younger than you (nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah :-). Can't wait for the Dorito sprinkling.

    ReplyDelete