Friday, July 9, 2010

Long Weekend

 Busy weekend! No, not this coming weekend, last weekend. I'm a little behind in my posting.

So, last Saturday we all dressed up in our Rennaissance Faire outfits and headed out to the Faire. Hubby had a schedule so it was rush rush rush to get out the door and to the Faire where we promptly waited in line for 30 minutes. Hmmm, not a great start. But other than the fact that Sweet Pea was somewhat grumpy for the first 4 hours and that Doodlebug won't eat anything other than perfectly formed, rectangular, unmarred peanut butter sandwiches (the ones I brought were slightly squashed) we had a good time. Snickers ate a LOT of big soft pretzels. Sweet Pea ate a LOT of salt potatoes. We all listened to a lot of music and looked at a lot of great stuff (spun glass, blown glass, hand-made pottery, hand-made woven fabrics, wax sculptures, stained glass, pewter, wooden swords, pounded-coin necklaces). We all watched some very entertaining shows. One of our favorites was the sword-swallower who was funny, somewhat gross and very fun to watch.


We didn't get home until about 8:00 so it was a long day!

What else did I do on the long weekend? I made half-moon cookies (which are now gone), took the kids swimming, visited my Mom, went grocery shopping, ate a lot, snuggled with the kids (weekend mornings are great for that!), read a little. I even played my dulcimer for a little while. It's been too long since I did that.

And meanwhile, Sweet Pea's bedroom is still half painted. But what can ya do? I'll get to it soon. Really. and when I do, I'll post pictures.

Quack!

No comments:

Post a Comment