Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A Masterpiece in Progress

I think I mentioned that I'm painting Sweet Pea's room.  I've been painting it for several weeks now. And how is said painting coming? Slowly! Oh so slowly! You'd think I was creating a masterpiece. I mean, it is a full 4-wall mural, but really, it's not a masterpiece. It's just that I only spend about 20 minutes a week working on it.

There is more grass now. And some trees and flowers, a waterfall and even a couple of birds, but there is still a lot to go. Lots more! I need more grass, trees, birds, flowers, butterflies, clouds, lady bugs, bumble bees, various and sundry mammals, reptiles and amphibians. I may even throw in a marsupial or two. If only I had more hours in a day.

But, what can ya do? It will be done when it's done. And I really will post pictures soon. A few 'in-progress' pictures. There's on my camera right now. But, my camera is no where near the computer right now, so it will have to wait.

But it will be worth the wait. Really.

And since I don't have any pictures of the masterpiece, I'll leave you with this. It's a picture of the ferris wheel at the fair. It's coming up in a month. Are you ready?




Quack!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, it took Michelangelo four years to do the Sistene Chapel. You've only been working on this for a few weeks!

    And yes, bring on the State Fair!

    ReplyDelete