Thursday, September 9, 2010

Cake Season - Part 1

 Fall seems to be cake season. It starts with Snicker's mid-August birthday. Then it's the state fair a few weeks later, then my Mother's and brother's birthday a few weeks after that. Towards the end of September is the hubsterific's birthday, then Sweet Pea's is in early October. Whew! That's 6 fancy schmancy (because I can't just make them simple) cakes in 8 weeks. I'm out of breath just thinking about it.

Snicker's had his bug cake (which was fun!)

I skipped the Fair cake this year, but helped Sweet Pea with hers.

My Mother's cake will be this weekend's project. It's going to be a sheep cake. No, it's not going to have sheep as an ingredient. Well, maybe a little mutton in the frosting. But it's going to be sheep shape. Hey, I like that. Sheep shape. Has a certain ring to it. Anyway, when my sister and I were younger we got Mom a pair of sheep socks one year for her birthday. They were maroon ankle socks with little white sheep all over them and a single black sheep on each sock. They were fun and cute. And Mom (she's a wonderful mother!) wore them a lot. I don't think she really liked them - not in a high-fashion sense. They were silly. But she wore them and we noticed. So, I'm making a sheep cake. A sheep wearing maroon sheep socks. I expect that even is she doesn't like it, she will eat a little and we will notice. She's awesome like that. (But really, Mom. If you don't like it, you don't have to eat it. I won't mind.)

And I sometimes make a cake for my brother's birthday. I don't know yet if I will this year. It depends on how long it takes to get the sheep cake sheep shape. Or something like that. If I do make one, it will be Spongebob-related. He's a big fan of Spongebob Squarepants. I've already made a Spongebob cake, but there's always the Pineapple Under the Sea, Gary the Snail, Patrick, Plankton, etc, etc, etc. Just thinking about it is getting the wheel's turning.


Tune in tomorrow for Cake Season #2 where I talk about the abuses the hubby has faces when it comes to his cakes.


Quack!

No comments:

Post a Comment