Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Sometimes It's Too Much Work To Do Things Whole Assed


Yes, I admit. I sometimes do things half assed. Usually I'm fairly well organized (in a very cluttered sort of way) and I usually like to do things right but sometimes there just isn't time (or the need or the want), to do things completely and thoroughly perfectly.

Take for instance folding laundry. I'm OK with folding shirts and pants. Of course I am. I don't want to be a wrinkled mess! I also believe in hanging shirts and dresses and such on hangers. But when it comes to socks and underwear and pajamas? Uh, no! There is no folding there. Let's not get crazy.

And sheets? Again, no. Sorry. I don't have the time to fold sheets. For heaven's sakes I sleep on them. No one else sees them. They get wrinkled and crumpled and mussed up just from the sleep process. I am not going to waste precious minutes carefully folding them. Ditto for towels - except the ones that are on the shelf in the bathroom on plain view - those get folded. But the rest of them - Bah! Stuff 'em in the closet.

I hear you. And I agree. It makes for a wadded up, tangled mess of a closet. It's definately hard to find things in there. It's not organized at all. My husband turns into a cursing ball of quivering muscles, cold sweat popping out on his brow, heart pounding whenever he even thinks of opening that door - heck, just walking past it will sometimes get a good sweat going. But hey, I know that for every minute spent looking for something, I've saved myself a good ten minutes of folding. To me, the end justifies the means.

I know not everyone agrees with this. I know that some of you are shaking your heads sadly and agonizing over my evil ways. And I know that some of you are shocked, just shocked that there are people out there who DO NOT FOLD sheets! Oh my heavens! And I know that there are a few people out there who agree with me. And I suspect there may be at least one or two people in the world who fold sheets and hate it and I hope they realize that they don't have to fold sheets. Trust me. You really don't have to. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with folding sheets. There's nothing wrong with people who do. But if you really don't want to - go crazy! Wad that sucker up and just stuff it in the closet! Ha ha ha! Laugh while you do it. Laugh out loud and yell "In your face sheet folders!"

Um, ok, anyway. That's it for today's post. 

Quack!

No comments:

Post a Comment