Friday, September 24, 2010

CAKE!

 The 'bucket of popcorn' cake came out awesome. It looked cool and tasted pretty good too. I used my favorite vanilla cake recipe, but that recipe is really best with a chocolate ganache frosting - something nice and chocolately, so it wasn't as tasty as I would have liked, but everyone seemed to enjoy it. Here's a picture of it:



The hubby had a nice birthday and doesn't seem to mind too much that's he's now as old as I am. Well, he'll never be as old as I am. I'll always be 5 months older. But now he has the same number I do. 40! A nice round number I think. It's even. It's divisible by 2, 4, 5, 8, 10 and 20. It has a 4 in it. And a 0. It's less than 41 and other numbers higher than 41. It's a good number!

Here are a few other pictures - the sheep cake:


And the sheep cake's socks:
And here he is all lit up. How pretty:

And some matching sheep cupcakes (I had to get some chocolate in here!)

And the Sheldon J Plankton cake:
 
Next up is some sort of cake for the 'Squirrels in Costume' party. Yes, that's right. Squirrels in costume. How's that for a theme? I love it! I don't recall how Sweet Pea came up with that, but we were brainstorming one night (when she was supposed to be sleeping) and somehow came up with that one. (It must have been very very late). Even better than Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings. Certainly more imaginative! So now it's time to plan invitations, decorations and the cake.
Quack!

No comments:

Post a Comment