Friday, December 17, 2010

The Ferrous in the Land

So we have a cast iron skillet now. Pretty cool. I did some research and got a nice one off ebay. It works great! So far I've used it to make an awesome grilled cheese sandwich, some tasty scrambled eggs, some hash browns and a few other things. There was a study done in the 80's showing how foods cooked in cast iron pans, especially acidic foods, increased the iron content of the food, sometimes quite a bit. Cool!

I'm not anemic, but my iron levels when I give blood are always borderline. Sometimes I can give blood, sometimes I can't. It will be interesting to see if this makes a difference. I think it will. I've noticed an odd thing happening lately. Everytime I walk past the refrigerator, all the magnets shoot off the fridge and stick themselves to my body. I have to pry them off and then they stick to my fingers. I need to have someone help me or they'll stick there all day. I think it's all the iron.

Quack!

No comments:

Post a Comment