Monday, December 27, 2010

Porpoise Orcs in the Jack Wagon

 A while back I listed some of my favorite curses of the kids. Well, it's time to add to that list. They are growing up, getting bigger and coming up with new things. Here are some of the latest:


Dip wad

Jerk wad

Diphthong - this one has a nice ring to it. I had to look it up because I couldn't remember what it really was - From wikipedia : "A diphthong, also known as a gliding vowel, refers to two adjacent vowel sounds occurring within the same syllable. In most dialects of English, the words eye, boy, and cow contain examples of diphthongs." but I think it makes a nice curse too.

Porpoise Orc - this also has a nice ring to it. I have no idea what it means.

Dork chop - this came from a book we were reading and we all cracked up upon reading it.

Jack Wagon - this is from a recent Geiko commercial and we all really like this one. It has a certain naughtiness to it, but really, it's not that bad, right?

And we made the mistake of telling the boys that "bloody" is a curse in some countries. They were amazed and spent quite a bit of a time saying bloody this and bloody that for several hours. It was amusing yet somehow disturbing. But it's definitely preferable to F#$%#% this and F#$%#% that so I won't complain.

But nothing beats 'hot snot rug' and 'foolie kadoolie' in my humble opinion.


Quack!

No comments:

Post a Comment