Friday, March 26, 2010

I am NOT a hot snot rug, you foolie kadoolie!


My kids often argue. Just like most kids, especially siblings. And, while it can be annoying to listen to, it can also be quite amusing. With just a simple grunt or sidelong glance, a full-blown argument can start. And the curses are often quite original. Take for instance, "foolie kadoolie". Have you ever been called a foolie kadoolie? Me neither, but my kids sometimes call each other that. It's actually quite funny. I don't know if I'd be too offended by that one. Sure, it has the word fool in it, but it also rhymes and has the word kadoolie in it. It's rather endearing.

Of course there are the usuals - jerk, butt head, idiot, etc. So far we've avoided 'real' curses (as in swear words) but I'm sure it's just a matter of time before someone tries that.

But far and away, my favorite one must be,

wait for it,



wait for it,




Hot Snot Rug.

Isn't that great?! As in "You are a hot snot rug!" I don't think anyone wants to be a hot snot rug. I don't know exactly what it is, but it sounds gross. Snot is bad enough, but hot snot? Yuck! And rug? A fairly innocuous word, but rugs are dirty. They get walked on all the time. I don't think anyone wants to be a rug. Put it all together and ick!

I am NOT a hot snot rug, you foolie kadoolie!


Quack!

No comments:

Post a Comment