Friday, June 3, 2011

They Are Upright. They Are Green. They Are Sticking Their Tongues Out At Me.

  Remember when I used to blog about the fish and snails? Yeah, me too.

But moving on, did I tell you I planted some sunflower seeds? Yes. I planted them before the danger of frost was past. And I know what you're thinking. You're thinking that was stupid! Now they're all dead and aren't you sorry?

Well, you're wrong. I was smart and I started them inside. But that doesn't mean that they aren't all dead, most of them are in fact. They started out so nice. Of the 18 I planted, about 14 sprouted. They were so happy and green! But then I forgot to water them. Only the healthiest 7 or so survived that.

Poor little things. So I watered them. And for some crazy reason, things started to get moldy. Damn plants!! Damn dirt! Damn mold spores! So, a couple of them rotted away at dirt level and toppled right out of the dirt. Hmmm. Not doing so good. Only about 5 left. I decided they would be better off on their own. A danger of frost certainly couldn't be any more dangerous to their leafy green livlihood than I. So, they are now outside, in a pot, on their own - the 3 that managed to survive the transplanting.

But the good news is that they are doing great (so far). They are upright. They are green. They are sticking their tongues out at me and saying 'Nah na na na na'.

Survival of the fittest I guess. These little guys should be the hardiest, healthiest, strongest sunflowers the world has ever seen!


Quack!

No comments:

Post a Comment