Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Sweet Ineptitude

  The other day at work I got myself some coffee. I like a little sugar in my coffee so I reached for the sugar. It was one of those cylindrical cardboard cans with the plastic top. This happened to be a new one, so after lifting the flap, the little plastic tabbie thing on the top needed to be popped in. Piece of cake right?

Well, I don't know if I was just being stupid and did it wrong, or if the thing was defective, or if my muscular thumbs just got out of hand, but I ended up smashing the top into a pile of white plastic shards which of course ended up in the sugar. In fact, just about all of the cover was gone, leaving only a few ragged plastic edges, which of course I cut myself on. Not badly - just a small scratch, but for heaven's sake!

So, I picked the plastic bits off the top as best I could, poured some sugar into my coffee and left the room, flexing my powerful thumbs. Thank goodness there were no witnesses.

Quack!

No comments:

Post a Comment