Monday, November 5, 2012

Donuts and Uncooked Spaghetti

  Sometimes in the middle of the night Doodlebug comes looking for me. In the interest of getting as much sleep as possible, I stumble down the hall, flop into his bed next to him and swiftly fall asleep.

But on one particular night as I was snoozing peacefully, I heard something from the bed next me where Snickers was snoozing somewhat less peacefully. And what did I hear from my sweet, innocent, gentle little duckling?

I heard . . .

"What the fudge?!" {Actual text modified to protect the innocent. The word uttered was the real "F" word.}

said in a way that led me to believe he was dreaming of watching a sailboat on wheels crashing through the fence into the neighbors yard. And this boat was full of ducks in sweaters quacking riotously, throwing doughnuts overboard while dueling tigers with uncooked spaghetti. You know, one of those things that makes you say, What the Fudge?!

Yes, that's right. My little duckling uttered those verboten words, albeit in his sleep. I thought I was in the same room as a sailor! I sat up, asked him if he was OK and getting no reply, turned over and went back to sleep.
 
Quack!

No comments:

Post a Comment