Friday, March 15, 2013

Ugli Sweaters

 As I said the other day, I've been teaching myself to crochet. And I decided, what better way to learn than to jump right in. I'm planning to start with a nice simple project - a sweater.

I can hear you now - What?!?! A sweater?!? Are you out of your mind?!? Isn't that little complex to start out with?

Well, yes, but this isn't any just any sweater. This is a sweater for Nandy Bear. Nandy Bear is one of Doodlebugs Ugli Dolls.

"Now what the heck are you talking about?"

Well, Ugli Dolls are these cute little monsters that Doodlebug and Snickers discovered on a trip to Toys R Us a while back. They've managed to get quite a little collection of them via various holidays (birthdays and Christmas and such). But the poor little guys get cold at night. So the boys spent some time a few weeks ago making sweaters for them out of felt and staples but they got discouraged when
I casually remarked that they should be careful not to get poked, cut, scraped, scratched, torn or ripped by all those staples. (Mom always ruins all the fun!)

But when I started crocheting, their eyes lit up and now I have a request to make some little sweaters. I figure it's a good thing to work on. I'll get some practice and if I mess up, the Ugli Dolls won't complain. I bet they won't even notice if one sleeve is longer than the other.



Quack!

No comments:

Post a Comment