Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Pumpernickle Pickle

Last week I had to travel for work. I absolutely hate travelling for work. Away from family and all the comforts of home. Hate it. But that aside, most people who travel for work eat out a lot. You're not home, restaurants are the obvious choice. But me? What do I do? I usually stay somewhere where there is a sink and a refrigerator and a stove and a microwave. And I stop at the grocery store and get a few things. Nothing fancy, usually an odd assortment of stuff.

I love breakfast food so I'll have a large breakfast provided by the hotel - eggs, bacon, french toast, waffles, omelets, sausage, hash browns, you name it. Yum! All sorts of tasty choices.

Then a quick sandwich for lunch and for dinner it's cereal, or peanut butter toast, hot cocoa, yogurt. My last night I had to finish up my leftovers - I had pumpernickle bread with melted swiss cheese on top, a bowl of cereal and some peanut butter - off a spoon. Weird huh?! Yep! But tasty-licious!!

Quack!

No comments:

Post a Comment