Monday, January 10, 2011

Sparkle Snout The Bead Monster

Dutchess has developed a taste for beads. Those that know me know that I have a plethora of hobbies. My latest hobby for this month is making beaded bracelets and necklaces. This involves some very thin wire, some pliers, wire cutters, a few jewelry pieces such as clasps and crimping beads and lots and lots and lots of beads. Since I generally do this at the kitchen table I suspect Dutchess thinks that whatever I'm doing it must be tasty since it involves the table that is very often covered in delicious-smelling things. It also involves intriguing noises. To a cat, I suspect, the sound of tiny beads clinking in bowls and the whisper of wire dragging across the tablecloth and the quick snick-snick of wire cutters is a source of never-ending curiousity that must . . . be . . . investigated. At all costs.


So she jumps onto the bench, whiskers quivering. Sniff sniff sniff. She snakes out a tentative paw, questing for the source of those sounds. She jams her fuzzy whisker-covered nose into a bowl and twirls it around, coming up with beads stuck to the end. [sigh] I think I'll call her 'Sparkle Snout'.


So I shoo her down. But before long she is on the table, sitting pretty and watching. Watching each bead slide onto the wire. Watching each snip of the cutters. Pouncing at every dangling wire.

It certainly makes a somewhat tedious, yet fun task, that much more interesting. Damn cat!




Quack!

No comments:

Post a Comment