Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Don't Say I Didn't Warn You!

So, there I was, sitting at my desk, listening to my iPod. (Danielia Cotton, if you must know. A recently discovered gem who at times reminds me of Beth Hart and at times, of Joan Osborne). I decided I was hot. So I stood and took off my furry black sweater. It crackled and popped, full of static.

And then it brushed against my iPod cord.

There was a strange electric sizzle and sparks raced up the iPod cord, straight toward my head! I screamed! People raced to my aid. I jittered with the excess static and iPod battery power coursing through me. It was terrifying!



Alright. OK. Slight exaggeration. Everything except the sound was in my mind. But there was a strange electric sizzle and static-y rattle, like a gazillion Rice Krispies being set off with icy milk all at the same time. It was strange, disturbing and somehow intriguing. And slightly mind-rattling. But I think that was just in my mind too. I don't think I was actually rattled. Just my ear drums.

Remember this the next time you are listening to your iPod while removing fuzzy blankets from the dryer. Do so at your own risk. Don't say I didn't warn you!

Quack!

No comments:

Post a Comment