Friday, May 18, 2012

Garbage and Other Detritus - The Possibilities Are Endless

When I take a walk, I can't help but look around me. I mean, who doesn't. But do other people notice the little things that I notice? The interesting bits of metal in the gutters? The cool-shaped rocks flaking off the sidewalks? The discarded feathers and colorful leaves at the side of the road?

I'm sure many people do. But do those people put that stuff in their pockets and bring it home? How can they not? That rock would make an awesome cover for a tiny book! That feather would delight the kids! That piece of metal, well, I don't know what I would do with it, but it's so cool! The possibilities are endless.

However, there is a line I will not cross. You won't catch me rifling through your garbage or recycle bin, and if I find a rock, no matter how cool it is, that is too heavy to lift, I will leave it behind!


Quack!

No comments:

Post a Comment