Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Meowing and Hissing Like a Snake That's Eaten a Cat

  Did I ever tell you about the time I was chased by a Bear? It was very exciting! And by exciting I mean, scary - downright terrifying!

Pshaw! you're saying! I know you are! I can hear it echoing around the walls of this blog like fleas hopping around in bear fur! You don't believe me!

Well, I was. I was chased by a black Bear. Bear was a black labrador who lived up the street from me. He was a very sweet, black labrador, who I got along with very well. That is, until I was mounted on a bicycle. I don't know what it was with that dog and bicycles, but I made the mistake of riding my bike past his house. He was in his yard and as soon as my bike whizzed by he took off after me like a shot! And it wasn't all wiggling tail and whining and pet-me-pet-me-pet-me. This was all foaming mouth, snarling, barking, ears back, I'm-going-to-eat-your-head, let-me-at-her. But I escaped and lived to tell the tale. Do you think it's a coincidence that I don't have a dog? My cat hardly ever chases me down the hall, meowing and hissing like a snake that's eaten a cat.

And speaking of run-ins with wildlife, did I ever tell you about the time I had a chipmunk climb up my pant leg. On the inside? That's a tale for another day.

Quack!

No comments:

Post a Comment