Monday, May 28, 2012

Pluck a Buttercup

  Do you remember picking buttercups when you were a kid? You'd hold them under your chin and if the reflecting color turned your chin yellow that meant you liked butter. Well, here's a cool article explaining why buttercups are so good at shining that yellow light on your chin:

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2011-12/14/buttercup-physics-figured-out

Interesting. And buttercups are so happy. How can you not be happy when you hold that much yellow? They are bright, sunny and cheerful. I snapped a few pictures of buttercups recently and wrote a few haiku to go with them:

Pluck a buttercup
Mirror yellow on my chin
Yes, I like butter

---------


Tiny yellow suns
I can hold them in my hands
Bright yellow beauty

--------

Playful, yellow, fun
Buttercups sway in the breeze
Come and play with me.



Quack!

No comments:

Post a Comment