Monday, May 2, 2011

Flying Around Like a Loaf of Bread

 So, in karate class the other day we did this exercise that involved facing a partner with both of us on our knees. Being the only adults in most classes I was paired with the hubster. Usually this is OK. But this particular exercise involved grasping each other's shoulder and trying to slam your partner (gently of course) down onto the mat without getting knocked over yourself. Well, the hubby outweighs me by about 50 pounds and has a year of Aikido that taught him plenty of grappling/throwing techniques. He had a huge advantage. And I knew that going in and was prepared to go flying off in all directions over and over. But let me tell you, that didn't make it any easier. After about 30 seconds I was annoyed. After 60 seconds I was slightly angry, after 90 seconds I was totally pissed off!

Then we got to switch partners. Me and Sweet Pea were paired together. It went like this:

Sweet Pea: Mommy, you look mad.
Me: Grrr! I hate this exercise.
Sweet Pea: Why?
Me: Daddy just threw me around like a loaf of bread. Over and over. Grrrrr!
Sweet Pea: Oh.
Sensei: Go!

And wheeeeee! Sweet Pea went flying across the mat. Like a loaf of bread. Bwa ha ha ha ha!

But really, I was gently on her. Despite my pissed-offedness, I was gentle. She's not bread afterall. She's my little sweet pea.

I hope we don't have to do that exercise often!

Quack!

No comments:

Post a Comment