Friday, May 27, 2011

A Sharp Fork, Many Fingers, A Few Toes and Some Grunting

  Hmmm. Chocolate chip cookie cups filled with ice cream. Sounds delicious doesn't it? And they looked really good too. (I should have gotten a picture. It would have made you drool.)

I pressed some chocolate chip cookie dough into some muffin tins and baked them. Unfortunately, the dough ended up filling in the cup rather than clinging nicely to the edges. Not what I wanted! So I took them out of the oven and scooped out the guts middle and put them back in the oven. It worked, but in order to get them cooked all the way through, they ended up a tad overcooked on the edges. Not burned, but a little harder and a little more brown than I had in mind. But they came out of the muffin tins beautifully and with a nicely rounded scoop of ice cream and a drizzle of hot fudge sauce they were a sight to behold!

The bad news is that eating them presented a challenge. The cookie, although delicious, was pretty hard. Cutting it involved not only a nice sharp fork, but many fingers, a few toes and some grunting. The good news is that I'll have to experiment some more to get it just right. Maybe the cookie dough needs to be thinner. Maybe I should make nice big flat cookies and while they are still soft from the oven, shape them into cups. Maybe I should should make ice cream sandwiches out of chocolate chip bars or cookies. So many possibilities! So much experimenting to do!


Quack!

No comments:

Post a Comment