Wednesday, May 4, 2011

One Cold Ankle

  So, the other day I mentioned the new exercise we did in karate that involved kneeling and grappling. Well, in the heat of the moment I skinned the top of my foot on the floor mats. Not a big deal, just a little bit of skin rubbed off. It happens. But it's one of those things that stings like crazy when it's wet. After my shower the other day it was burning and my jeans were rubbing across the top of it. I finally folded them up on that side a couple of inches. Then I promptly forgot that they were folded up. The rest of the day I kept hearing whispers. It went like this:


Man1: "Why does that woman have one pant leg folded up?"
Man2: "I don't know. Is it a gang thing?"
Man1: "It might be. Watch out for her."

Child1: "Mommy, look at that weird lady. Her pants aren't even."
Mom1: "Don't look dear. She obviously doesn't know how to dress herself."

Teen1: "Hey, look at that! That must be a new fashion."
Teen2: "Quick, fold up one pant leg. We don't want to look like fools. This time we won't miss out on the latest fashions."

I couldn't imagine who they were whispering about all day.

And I spent all day wondering why one ankle was cold.

Quack!

No comments:

Post a Comment