Friday, December 18, 2009

Incredible Paper Crafts


I'm a crafty person. And by that I mean I like to make things not that I'm tricky and scheming in an underhanded evil sort of way. I enjoy crafts, especially paper crafts. Paper crafts can be very cool.

I like scrapbooking - all that cutting and gluing and laying out of photos and such. It's an enjoyable way to pass the time and a great way to do something meaningful with photos.

I've also been known to give origami a go. It generally becomes frustratingly difficult, but for short periods of time it can be fun. I even have a huge (like, dictionary size) origami book that shows you how to make everything from paper. And I mean everything - birds, animals, furniture, people, planes, trains and automobiles, and other extremely complex paper folding creations. Maybe someday I'll crack it open.

So, how would you like to see some absolutely incredible, eye popping, unbelievable, gorgeous, simply amazing, complex, intricate and extraordinary (is that enough adjectives, or should I throw in a few more?) examples of paper art? I knew you would want to! These are, like I said, absolutely incredible, eye popping, unbelievable, gorgeous, simply amazing, complex, intricate and extraordinary:

http://www.webdesignerdepot.com/2009/05/100-extraordinary-examples-of-paper-art/


I especially like Simon Schubert's work. Amazing! And Brian Dettmer's Book Autopsies are incredible. I've made some very simple book cuttings, but nothing, and I mean nothing like that. I've managed to cut out a roughly square chunk from the center of a book. I'm inspired to try something more complex.

And Yulia Brodskaya's quilling is awesome! I feel an urge to pull out my quilling supplies again.
And oh my god check out Jolis Paons dress. I'm speechless.

Quack!

No comments:

Post a Comment